It is college application season. Are you ready?
Welcome to College Admissions Made Simple. Our goal is to help parents and students prepare for, understand, and enjoy the college admissions process. This can be a tall order, but with some solid planning and deliberate work, everyone can enjoy this journey.
Help comes in a couple of ways. Our resident expert Danielle Bianchi Golod offers private, one-on-one tutoring in person in Austin, TX or online via Skype or Facetime videoconferencing. We also have a number of online courses and books available for a nominal fee. All of our materials are designed to inform and then provide step-by-step instruction on how to accomplish each task. Courses range from writing a memorable UC application essay (using the new 8 prompts) to our complete, step-by-step guides to prepare for college admissions for each year of high school.
Meet Danielle Bianchi Golod
Danielle is a 15+ year veteran of college admissions and author of College Admissions Step-by-Step, the Personal Statement Blueprint, College Admissions At A Glance and more. She has been working one-on-one with students for over 15 years to help them build their weaknesses, cultivate their strengths, and achieve their college goals. She currently lives in Austin, TX with her husband and two children and works with students of all levels to help them achieve their college admissions dreams.
October Action Items
- The Oct 31st/Nov 1st early action/decision deadline is quickly approaching.
- A long list of Common Application schools and other popular schools like Florida, Oregon, Wisconsin-Madison, MIT, Georgetown, etc all share the Nov 1st early action/decision/notification deadline. There are many more that share the early date for scholarship consideration.
- Teacher/Counselor Recs – Please confirm with your teachers and counselors that your transcript and the teacher rec letters have been sent to your schools (by mail/electronically). UGA does not require the teacher rec for Oct. 15th early action, but does require the counselor rec to be submitted along with the transcript. If you applied to UT by the Oct 15th deadline, make sure to CHECK your MY STATUS section to know if anything is still outstanding…It will show you an entire list specific to you.
- Art Portfolios/Auditions – Stay on top of all portfolio/audition requirements and due dates. They may be earlier than the app due date.
- Interviews – Please review/call about the specific interview process at your colleges & universities…Are they on campus, evaluative, informational, with representatives in the area, do you need to sign up before your app goes in, do you need to sign up after you send in your app, optional, required, recommended, etc…? Most happen Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec.
- Athletes – Be sure that coaches & schools have everything they want from you.
Help with the New UC Essay Questions
As many of you know, the University of California system has released a new set of 8 personal insight questions this year for their application. Students are required to respond to 4 of the 8 questions with no more than 350 words. Building on techniques she uses in the Personal Statement Blueprint, Danielle walks students through each question showing them both good and bad ways to respond and has even included examples of how to employ her methods. Follow this link to learn more about How to Answer the UC Personal Insight Questions.
Application Essay Help
It’s application season, and that means the dreaded application essays. But, don’t fret, Danielle is here to help with her proven techniques to help students write memorable essays quickly and easily. Subject to Danielle’s availability, she can help you edit your application essays and personal statements to perfection. Please read her essay editing policies before ordering.